23. JAX-WS Web Services
In this chapter you will learn:
• What a web service is.
• How to publish and consume web services in Netbeans.
• The elements that comprise services, such as service descriptions and classes that implement web services.
• How to create client desktop and web applications that invoke web service methods.
• The important part that XML and the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) play in enabling web services.
• How to use session tracking in web services to maintain client-state information.
• How to connect to databases from web services.
• How to pass objects of user-defined types to and return them from a web service.
A client is to me a mere unit, a factor in a problem.
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
They also ...