For this recipe, you will install OpenLDAP on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or newer. You can create a virtual machine using VirtualBox or the VMware Workstation too.
Here, the Ubuntu virtual machine is created in Microsoft Azure. You can set up a free trial account for Microsoft Azure and try this out:
- On the left sidebar, click on Virtual Machines and click on Add. Select Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS and click on Create:
- Provide the virtual machine's Name, User name, Password, Subscription, and Resource group name.
- Select Location.
- Click OK:
- Select Choose virtual machine size:
- Keep the default settings:
- Click on Purchase in the next ...