Example of Contingency Analysis
This example uses the Car Poll.jmp sample data table, which contains data collected from car polls. The data includes aspects about the individual polled, such as their sex, marital status, and age. The data also includes aspects about the car that they own, such as the country of origin, the size, and the type. Examine the relationship between car sizes (small, medium, and large) and the cars’ country of origin.
1. Open the Car Poll.jmp sample data table.
2. Select Analyze > Fit Y by X.
3. Select size and click Y, Response.
4. Select country and click X, Factor.
5. Click OK.
Figure 7.2 Example of Contingency Analysis
From the mosaic plot and legend in Figure 7.2
, notice the following:
• Very few Japanese cars ...