Creating a Custom Design
To begin, select DOE > Custom Design, or click the Custom Design button on the JMP Starter DOE page. Then, follow the steps below.
• Enter responses and factors into the custom designer.
• Describe the model.
• Select the number of runs.
• Check the design diagnostics, if desired.
• Specify output options.
• Make the JMP design table.
The following sections describe each of these steps.
Enter Responses and Factors into the Custom Designer
How to Enter Responses
To enter responses, follow the steps in Figure 3.1.
1. To enter one response at a time, click Add Response, and then select a goal type. Possible goal types are Maximize, Match Target, Minimize, or None.
2. (Optional) Double-click to edit the response name.