Creating Screening Experiments
You can use the screening designer in JMP to create screening designs, but the custom designer is more flexible and general. The straightforward screening examples described below show that ‘custom’ does not mean ‘exotic.’ The custom designer is a general purpose design environment that can create screening designs.
Creating a Main-Effects-Only Screening Design
To create a main-effects-only screening design using the custom designer:
1. Select DOE > Custom Design.
2. Enter six continuous factors into the Factors panel. Figure 4.2 shows the six factors.
3. Click Continue. The default model contains only the main effects.
4. Using the default of 12 runs, click Make Design.
5. Click the disclosure button ( on Windows ...