Example of Model Comparison
This section provides an example of using the Model Comparison platform. The example uses demographic data to build a model for median home price. A regression model and a bootstrap forest model are compared.
Begin by selecting Help > Sample Data Library and opening Boston Housing.jmp.
Create a Validation Column
1. Create a column called validation.
2. On the Column Info window, select Random from the Initialize Data list.
3. Select the Random Indicator radio button.
4. Click OK.
The rows assigned a 0 are the training set. The rows assigned a 1 are the validation set.
Create the Regression Model and Save the Prediction Formula to a Column
1. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
2. Select mvalue and click Y.
3. Select the ...