Example of a Multiple Response Model
This example uses the Golf Balls.jmp sample data table (McClave and Dietrich, 1988). The data are a comparison of distances traveled and a measure of durability for three brands of golf balls. A robotic golfer hit a random sample of ten balls for each brand in a random sequence. The hypothesis to test is that distance and durability are the same for the three golf ball brands.
1. Select Help > Sample Data Library and open Golf Balls.jmp.
2. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
3. Select Distance and Durability and click Y.
4. Select Brand and click Add.
5. For Personality, select Manova.
Figure 9.1 Manova Setup