This ebook does not include access to the companion materials.
Build a complete, functional, and useful Joomla! Web site with this book tutorial
As one of the most downloaded open source content management systems on the market today, Joomla! allows you to build functional, interactive Web sites without having to know PHP or MySQL. With this unique book, you'll get up to speed with Joomla! and learn to build a complete Web site—all at your own pace. Along with detailed guidance and an abundance of screen shots, this unique book clearly demonstrates every step of the process for using Joomla! when creating a Web site.
Offers a unique book to walk you through using Joomla! to create a Web site
Describes programming considerations for you to keep in mind and poses questions to ask yourself when creating a site with Joomla!
Presents both written and visual assistance for building a complete Web site from start to finish
Use this soup-to-nuts book as a detailed resource for building Web sites with Joomla!
Visit the companion site at
http://www.joomla24hourtrainer.com/ for sample chapters, videos, and other resources.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- ABOUT THE TECHNICAL EDITOR
- JOOMLA!® 24-HOUR TRAINER
- SECTION I: Before You Start Clicking Buttons
- LESSON 1: Understanding Joomla!
- LESSON 2: Planning Your Website
- LESSON 3: Purchasing a Domain Name and Web Hosting
- SECTION II: A First Look at Joomla!
- LESSON 4: Installing Joomla!
- LESSON 5: A Tour of the Joomla! Administrator Interface
- SECTION III: Sections, Categories, and Articles in Joomla!
- LESSON 6: Defining Section and Category Structure
- LESSON 7: Creating, Editing, and Deleting Sections
- LESSON 8: Creating, Editing, and Deleting Categories
- LESSON 9: Creating, Editing, and Deleting Articles
- LESSON 10: Adding Articles to the Home Page
- LESSON 11: Using Advanced Article Options
- LESSON 12: Including Media in Articles
- SECTION IV: Joomla! Menus
- LESSON 13: Linking Articles to the Menu
- LESSON 14: Using Advanced Menu Options: Articles
- LESSON 15: Using Advanced Menu Options: Creating New Menus
- LESSON 16: Using Advanced Menu Options: Wrappers and External Links
- SECTION V: Joomla! Templates and Modules
- LESSON 17: Choosing and Installing Templates
- LESSON 18: Configuring Breadcrumbs
- LESSON 19: Configuring Latest News and Newsflash
- LESSON 20: Configuring Random Images
- LESSON 21: Configuring Search
- LESSON 22: The Custom HTML Module and Its Uses
- LESSON 23: Embedding Modules in Articles
- SECTION VI: Joomla! Components
- LESSON 24: Configuring Contacts
- LESSON 25: Configuring Web Links
- SECTION VII: Extending Joomla!
- LESSON 26: Adding Extensions to Joomla!
- LESSON 27: Changing the Editor in Joomla! to JCE
- LESSON 28: Installing and Configuring Akeeba Backup
- LESSON 29: Installing and Configuring JEvents
- LESSON 30: Installing and Configuring Simple Image Gallery
- SECTION VIII: Joomla! Users and Permissions
- LESSON 31: Creating and Editing Users
- LESSON 32: Creating a Password-Protected Portion of the Website
- SECTION IX: SEO and Maintenance
- LESSON 33: Maximizing Search Engine Optimization for Your Site
- LESSON 34: Managing Backups, Maintenance, and Other Administrative Functions
- SECTION X: Help for You and Help for Joomla!
- APPENDIX A: Recommended Extensions and Services
- APPENDIX B: Additional Helpful Resources
- APPENDIX C: Differences Between Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 1.6
- APPENDIX D: Contribute to the Joomla! Project
- APPENDIX E: What's on the DVD?
- Title: Joomla!® 24-Hour Trainer
- Release date: May 2011
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9780470928332