The Best Easy-to-Use Guide to Joomla!TM--The World’s #1 Open Source Content Management System
If you want to build sophisticated websites that can be easily edited and updated, you need to master Joomla. Now there’s an easy-to-read, easy-to-use guide to Joomla! for every site manager, administrator, and developer. Leading Joomla! consultant Barrie North covers all you need to get results: installation, administration, site organization, template development, content updates, and a whole lot more. You’ll find tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions, as well as three start-to-finish case studies.
New to Joomla? No problem! This book starts with the simplest design and system concepts and builds your expertise step-by-step. You’ll rapidly master Joomla!’s power, even if you have no content management, scripting, or CSS expertise. Experienced with Joomla!? You’ll turn to this book constantly for its authoritative, plain-English, example-rich Joomla! 1.5 reference content.
Understand content management, what Joomla! does, and how its components fit together
Build Joomla! sites from scratch and systematically customize them to your needs
Organize content with sections, categories, blogs, and tables
Create dynamic pages and effective navigation
Work with Joomla! modules and components
Learn how to optimize your Joomla! sites for search engines
Follow three start-to-finish case studies: building a school website, a small business site, and a blog
Identify the most valuable Joomla! extensions and add-ons: find them and use them
About the Website
The accompanying site, www.joomlabook.com, provides five fully functional Joomla! sites with live follow-along examples from the book and up-to-date information on Joomla!.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Content Management Systems and an Introduction to Joomla!
- Chapter 2. Downloading and Installing Joomla!
- Chapter 3. Joomla! Administration Basics
- Chapter 4. Content Is King: Organizing Your Content
- Chapter 5. Creating Menus and Navigation
- Chapter 6. Extending Joomla!
- Chapter 7. Expanding Your Content: Articles and Editors
- Chapter 8. Getting Traffic to Your Site
- Chapter 9. Creating Pure CSS Templates
- Chapter 10. Creating a School Site with Joomla!
- Chapter 11. Creating a Restaurant Site with Joomla!
- Chapter 12. Creating a Blog with Joomla!
- Appendix A. Getting Help with Joomla!
- Appendix B. Joomla! Case Studies
- Appendix C. A Quick Start to SEO
- Appendix D. Installing WampServer
- Title: Joomla!™ 1.5: A User’s Guide Building a Successful Joomla! Powered Website
- Release date: May 2009
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780137036004
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Ultimate Graphic Design Course: Create 40 Practical Projects
Use Photoshop to create Facebook ads, Instagram posts, newsletters, YouTube thumbnails, CVs, business cards, and more! …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …