A really good web development framework anticipates your needs.
jQuery does more-it practically reads your mind. Developers fall in
code reduced to three. jQuery is concise and readable.
jQuery in Action, Second Edition is a fast-paced introduction and guide. It shows you how to traverse HTML documents, handle events, perform animations, and add Ajax to your web pages. The book's unique "lab pages" anchor the explanation of each new concept in a practical example. You'll learn how jQuery interacts with other tools and frameworks and how to build jQuery plugins.
This revised and expanded second edition includes even more lab pages than before, along with numerous examples that show the latest best practices developed by the jQuery community. It provides full coverage of jQuery 1.4, along with a deeper look at the ever-expanding world of jQuery plug-ins.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Praise for the First Edition
- More Praise for the First Edition
- List of Lab Pages
- Foreword to the First Edition
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Preface to the First Edition
- About this Book
- About the Authors
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Core jQuery
- Chapter 1. Introducing jQuery
- Chapter 2. Selecting the elements upon which to act
- Chapter 3. Bringing pages to life with jQuery
- Chapter 4. Events are where it happens!
- Chapter 5. Energizing pages with animations and effects
- Chapter 6. Beyond the DOM with jQuery utility functions
- Chapter 7. Expand your reach by extending jQuery
- Chapter 8. Talk to the server with Ajax
- Part 2. jQuery UI
- Chapter 9. Introducing jQuery UI: themes and effects
- Chapter 10. jQuery UI mouse interactions: Follow that mouse!
- Chapter 11. jQuery UI widgets: Beyond HTML controls
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: jQuery in Action, Second Edition
- Release date: June 2010
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781935182320