Chapter 11. jQuery UI widgets: Beyond HTML controls
This chapter covers
- Extending the set of HTML controls with jQuery UI widgets
- Augmenting HTML buttons
- Using slider and datepicker controls for numeric and date input
- Showing progress visually
- Simplifying long lists with autocompleters
- Organizing content with tabs and accordions
- Creating dialog boxes
Since the dawn of the web, developers have been constrained by the limited set of controls afforded by HTML. Although that set of controls runs the gamut from simple text entry through complex file selection, the variety of provided controls pales in comparison to those available to desktop application developers. HTML 5 promises to expand this set of controls, but it may be some time before ...
Get jQuery in Action, Second Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.