Chapter 4. Enhancing interfaces with layout and utility widgets
This chapter covers
- Organizing content with layout widgets
- Organizing actions into menus
- Opening content in interactive dialogs
- Replacing the browser’s native tooltips
- Building a message composer
In chapter 3, you looked at using the jQuery UI form widgets to build powerful web forms. In this chapter, you’ll focus on the jQuery UI widgets dedicated to displaying content and utility functionality.
The jQuery UI layout widgets—accordion and tabs—provide an easy means of organizing content in panels that can be shown and hidden. These widgets can organize content in digestible chunks, or present content in a limited amount of space. You’ll look at the structure of these widgets, ...