Speaking primarily to development managers, Frost describes several ES6 features and suggests some best practices to make your organization’s transition to ES6 easier. Specifically, this book explains:
- New features, such as arrow functions, default values, modules, rest parameters, sets, maps, and many others
- The rapid evolution of ECMAScript in the past decade and how ES6 came to be
- Several reasons why you need to consider integrating ES6 into your present and future projects sooner rather later
- How potential features for ES7, such as multi-threading and Traits, have already begun to appear
Aaron Frost is Senior Front-end Developer at Domo, Inc., a Utah-based company that provides business intelligence as a service.
Table of Contents
- 1. You Can’t Afford to Avoid ES6
- 2. ES6 Goals
- 3. Features Explained
- 4. Where to Start
- 5. Watching for ES7
- Title: JS.next: A Manager's Guide
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449370015