Juggle! Rethink Work, Reclaim your Lifeshows people how to carve out a work life that goes beyond a job title; where The Work You is The Real You/ The Best You; where you can mix up your passions and celebrate your multi-dimensional talents. Where there are no limits to what you do, and where you mix up work and play to get the most out of life.
The book reveals the insight of leading Jugglers with contributions from Kevin Roberts, CEO Worldwide of Saatchi & Saatchi; Mike Southon, Financial Times columnist and best-selling business author; Gary Vaynerchuk, Wine entrepreneur and Internet celebrity; Roxanne Darling, Hawaii-based coach, speaker, new media advisor and video blogger.
Juggle! is for anyone searching for fresh ideas and solutions to re-frame their worklife.
"Jugglers Rule! And here’s your blueprint to living and loving the Juggle Life."
—Kevin Roberts, CEO Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi
Table of contents
- MEET THE JUGGLERS
I. RETHINK WORK: BUST SOME MYTHS!
- 1.1. Myth 1: 'Change is bad'
- 1.2. Myth 2: 'Success is about doing one thing'
- 1.3. Myth 3: 'Specialism wins'
- 1.4. Myth 4: 'Generalisation is bland'
- 1.5. Myth 5: 'If you want to be good in business, consult the rule book first'
- 1.6. Myth 6: 'Work is done in an office'
- 1.7. Myth 7: 'Productivity = hours worked'
- 1.8. Myth 8: 'It's all about the money'
- 1.9. Myth 9: 'A job is for life'
- 1.10. Myth 10: 'Your job title counts'
- 1.11. Myth 11: 'Keep family out of it!'
- 1.12. Myth 12: 'In search of the eternal work/life balance'
- 1.13. Myth 13: 'You have to stick with the status quo'
II. REDESIGN YOUR LIFE: THINK 'JUGGLE'!
- 2.1. 1: Set your personal Sat Nav
- 2.2. 2: Become your very own architect
- 2.3. 3: Enjoy living a blur
- 2.4. 4: Corporate juggling
- 2.5. 5: Celebrate your multi-dimensional talents
- 2.6. 6: Be the real you
- 2.7. 7: Playing it your way
- 2.8. 8: Think constant re-invention
- 2.9. 9: Being adept at gear shifting
- 2.10. 10: The importance of playtime
- 2.11. 11: Being authentic
- 2.12. 12: Learning on the job
- 2.13. 13: Staying hands-on
- 2.14. 14: Be an 'accidental success' – the importance of the non-plan!
- 2.15. 15: The truth about multi-tasking
III. HOW TO DO IT ALL: JUGGLE TACTICS
- 3.1. 1: Manage time, all the time, every time
- 3.2. 2: Segment your juggling
- 3.3. 3: Be a listophile
- 3.4. 4: Make it a project
- 3.5. 5: Prioritise
- 3.6. 6: Focus, focus, focus
- 3.7. 7: Get unplugged
- 3.8. 8: Bust your stress
- 3.9. 9: Getting connected
- 3.10. 10: Build effective relationships
- 3.11. 11: Ask yourself (often): 'where is the value in what you are doing right now?'
- 3.12. 12: Sell yourself!
- 3.13. 13: Be a one–man brand
- 3.14. 14: Expect the unexpected
- 3.15. 15: Immerse yourself
- 3.16. 16: Be prepared to press delete
- 3.17. 17: Dealing with those damn meetings
- 3.18. 18: Filter the crap!
- 3.19. 19: What's your script?
- 3.20. 20: Managing your identity
- 3.21. 21: What to do with your quirky side?
- 3.22. 22: Create your juggle jungle!
- 3.23. 23: Having places to do and be
- 3.24. 24: Go on an inspiration jaunt
- 3.25. 25: Give yourself a treat and the importance of 660 seconds
- 3.26. 26: Don't be a workaholic
- 3.27. 27: Remember to come up for air
- 3.28. 28: Be fit to juggle!
- 3.29. 29: What turns you on?
- 3.30. 30: Having a team
- 3.31. 31: Delegate and outsource
- 3.32. 32: Hire a digital assistant
- 3.33. 33: Lose the guilt!
- 3.34. 34: Sorting out the home life
- 3.35. 35: Set the alarm clock!
- 3.36. 36: Think: what's next?
IV. HOW TO HAVE IT ALL: JUGGLE LIFESTYLE
- 4.1. 1: Look at success differently
- 4.2. 2: What you do for love and what you do for money
- 4.3. 3: Create a sustainable economic model and a sustainable lifestyle model
- 4.4. 4: Jugglers have just got to have fun
- 4.5. 5: You don't need to be the boss to have it all
- 4.6. 6: Living life version 3.4
- 4.7. 7: Having freedom of choice
- 4.8. 8: RETIRE RETIREMENT
- 4.9. 9: The work you = the real you
- 4.10. 10: Are you a lifeaholic?
- 4.11. 11: Ticking your boxes
- 4.12. 12: Have you worked out what's really important?
- 4.13. 13: Live in the now and fulfil your dreams
- 4.14. 14: The bottom line = leave a legacy
- 4.15. 15: It's make your mind up time
- THE JUGGLER'S MANIFESTO
- Title: Juggle!: Rethink work, reclaim your life
- Release date: April 2009
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9781906465377
You might also like
The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work
A business fable to help you discover your purpose in work and life New from Jon …
WHAT’S STOPPING YOU FROM BEING YOUR BEST? YOU ARE! If you’re suffering from stress or negative …
LinkedIn For Dummies, 5th Edition
Make LinkedIn your number one professional branding tool LinkedIn is the premiere social network for professionals …
Upgrade Your Life
Step away from boredom and reclaim your life Feeling unfulfilled? Do you dream of a lifestyle …