It used to be so simple. You made a website or application to work on a 15" monitor and, incompatibilities between browsers aside, you were done. Then along came mobile phones with web browsers and they ruined all our easy lives. Worse than that, people loved browsing the web on them!
Completely overhauled for its second edition, this book covers:
- What does responsive really mean?
- Semantic page structure
- Grid systems
- Responsive Images and media
- Media queries
- Responsive content
Table of Contents
- Jump Start Responsive Web Design, 2nd Edition
- Notice of Rights
- Notice of Liability
- Trademark Notice
- About Chris Ward
- About SitePoint
Chapter 1: The Meaning and Purpose of Responsive Web Design
- Schools of Thought Within Responsive Design
- What Do You Need To Support?
- Sample Application
- Structuring a Page with HTML5
- Ready to Respond?
- Chapter 2: The Building Blocks of Responsive Design
- Chapter 3: Better Responsive Structures with Grid Systems
- Chapter 4: Responsive Text
- Chapter 5: Responsive Images and Video
- Chapter 6: Responding to User Context
- Title: Jump Start Responsive Web Design, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): SitePoint
- ISBN: 9780994347091