This video course will help you get familiar with Jupyter Notebook and all of its features to perform various data science tasks in Python. Jupyter Notebook is a powerful tool for interactive data exploration and visualization and has become the standard tool among data scientists. In the course, we will start from basic data analysis tasks in Jupyter Notebook and work our way up to learn some common scientific Python tools such as pandas, matplotlib, and plotly. We will work with real datasets, such as crime and traffic accidents in New York City, to explore common issues such as data scraping and cleaning. We will create insightful visualizations, showing time-stamped and spatial data.
By the end of the course, you will feel confident about approaching a new dataset, cleaning it up, exploring it, and analyzing it in Jupyter Notebook to extract useful information in the form of interactive reports and information-dense data visualizations.
This course uses Jupyter 5.4.1, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for data science enthusiasts.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to efficiently use Jupyter Notebook for data manipulation and visualisation
- Perform interactive data analysis and visualisation using Jupyter Notebook on real data
- Analyse time series data using Pandas
- Create interactive widgets where non-technical users can also get involved in the data exploration using the notebooks you create
- Scrape websites to build datasets and deal with common challenges like unstructured or missing data
- Combine different datasets in a single graph to enable people to compare them visually and gain new insights
- Analyse and visualise geographic datasets to create stunning information-rich maps
This course is for developers with a basic understanding of Python and Jupyter Notebook. A basic understanding of math and statistics will come in handy.
About The Author
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Jupyter Notebook Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Data Analysis Using Pandas
- Chapter 3 : Scraping Data
- Chapter 4 : Advanced Visualization
- Chapter 5 : Analyzing Geographic Data
- Title: Jupyter Notebook for Data Science
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789135411
You might also like
Jupyter Notebook for Data Science Teams
In this Jupyter Notebook for Data Science Teams training course, expert author Jonathan Whitmore will teach …
Applied Data Science with Python and Jupyter
Become the master player of data exploration by creating reproducible data processing pipelines, visualizations, and prediction …
Beginning Data Science with Python and Jupyter
Getting started with data science doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. This step-by-step video course …
Practical Data Analysis Using Jupyter Notebook
Understand data analysis concepts to make accurate decisions based on data using Python programming and Jupyter …