With the commercial successes of machine learning and cloud computing, many business people need just enough math to take advantage of open source frameworks for big data. This video course from Paco Nathan and Allen Day presents useful areas of advanced math in easy-to-digest morsels. If you’re familiar with high school Algebra 2 and basic statistics, you’re good to go.
You’ll learn newly introduced math concepts through business use cases, brief Python code examples, and lots of figures and illustrations. By the end of the course, you’ll understand how to leverage complex graphs, sparse matrices, Bayesian priors, optimization solvers, and other tools.
- Learn advanced math through simple equations and illustrations
- Get tangible examples such as Lego blocks for data workflows
- Explore the math examples through typical business use cases
- Understand how these concepts tie into common business frameworks
- Follow a case study of the Foobartendr.io company throughout the course
Table of contents
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Bayesian Statistics
- Title: Just Enough Math
- Release date: May 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491904060
You might also like
Mathematics is beautiful--and it can be fun and exciting as well as practical. Good Math is …
Math for Programmers
To score a job in data science, machine learning, computer graphics, and cryptography, you need to …
Essential Math for AI
Companies are scrambling to integrate AI into their systems and operations. But to build truly successful …
Math for Programmers video edition
A gentle introduction to some of the most useful mathematical concepts that should be in your …