Master real-time stream processing microservices with Kafka Streams and Spring cloud streams.
About This Video
- Explore Kafka Streams with JSON, AVRO, and other custom serialization
- Learn Kafka architecture and programming with Kafka Streams API
- Understand how to build applications using Spring Boot with streaming data
Kafka Streams with Spring Cloud Streams will help you understand stream processing in general and apply it to Kafka Streams Programming using Spring Boot.
This course uses the Kafka Streams library compatible with Spring Cloud 2020. All the source code and examples used in this course have been tested by the author on Confluent Platform 6.0.0, which is compatible with Apache Kafka 2.6 open-source distribution.
This is a fully example-driven course, and you will be working with multiple examples during the entire session. We will be making extensive use of IntelliJ IDEA as the preferred development IDE and Apache Maven and Gradle as the preferred build tool. However, based on your prior experience, you should be able to work with any other IDE designed for Spring application development and any other build tool designed for Java applications.
This course also makes use of Log4J2 to teach you industry-standard log implementation in your application. We will be using JUnit5, which is the latest version of JUnit, to implement unit test cases.
Working examples and exercises are the most critical tool to sharpen your skills. This course consists of some programming assignments as and when appropriate. These exercises will help you validate and check your concepts and apply your learning to solve programming problems.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Before You Begin
- Chapter 2 : Environment Setup on Window 10 Machine
- Chapter 3 : Environment Setup on Mac Machine
- Chapter 4 : Understanding the Technology Stack
- Chapter 5 : Producing Data to Kafka
- Chapter 6 : Processing Kafka Streams
- Chapter 7 : Working with KStream
- Chapter 8 : KTable and Aggregations
- Chapter 9 : Timestamp and Windowing Aggregates
- Chapter 10 : Joins in Kafka Streams
- Chapter 11 : Kafka Streams in Functional Style and Unit Testing
- Chapter 12 : Keep Learning
- Title: Kafka Streams with Spring Cloud Stream
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801811422
You might also like
Java Cookbook, 4th Edition
Java continues to grow and evolve, and this cookbook continues to evolve in tandem. With this …
Kafka Streams in Action: Real-time apps and microservices with the Kafka Streams API
Summary Kafka Streams in Action teaches you everything you need to know to implement stream processing …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Modern Java in Action
Modern Java in Action connects new features of the Java language with their practical applications. Using …