Zenmap is the graphical interface of Nmap. The advantages of Zenmap compared to Nmap are as follows:
- Zenmap is interactive; it arranges the scan results in a convenient way. It can even draw a topological map of the discovered network.
- Zenmap can do a comparison between two scans.
- Zenmap keeps a track of the scan results.
- To run the same scan configuration more than once, the penetration tester can use a Zenmap profile.
- Zenmap will always display the command that is run, so the penetration tester can verify that command.
To start Zenmap, navigate to Kali Linux | Information Gathering | Network Scanners | Zenmap, or use the console to execute the following command:
This will display the main Zenmap window. Zenmap comes with 10 profiles ...