Enter a bright new world of entertainment with Amazon’s red hot tablet. This guide lights the way with lots of illustrations and step-by-step instructions for browsing the Web, emailing, playing games, and viewing books, movies, and magazines in blazing color. Learn how to manage your media library on the Fire and in the cloud—and where to find the coolest apps.
Note: This first edition of Kindle Fire: The Missing Manual covers only the original Kindle Fire sold between November, 2011 and September, 2012. For later models, please see Kindle Fire: The Missing Manual, 2nd edition.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Read all about it. Find, load, and read a variety of ebooks, magazines, and newspapers.
- Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with a secure Wi-Fi connection.
- Put on a show. Watch movies and TV series, and showcase your photos and videos.
- Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
- Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, references, and more with Amazon’s Apps for Android.
- Take your briefcase. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.
Table of contents
- The Missing Credits
I. Getting Started and Reading
- 1. Out of the Box: Setting Up, Taking a Tour
- 2. Reading Books
- 3. The Newsstand
- 4. Documents and Spreadsheets
II. Watching and Listening
- 5. Watching TV and Movies
- 6. Photos and Home Videos
7. Listening to Music
- Getting Music onto the Fire
- Browsing and Searching
- Playlists: Be Your Own DJ
- Browsing the Store and Buying
III. Communications and Browsing
- 8. Email and Address Book
- 9. Browsing the Web
IV. Kindle in Appland
- 10. Playing Games
- 11. Creative Corner
- 12. Managing Time, Tasks, and Travel
- A. Settings
- B. Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- About the Author
- Title: Kindle Fire: The Missing Manual
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449316273
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Machine Learning with TensorFlow
Summary Machine Learning with TensorFlow gives readers a solid foundation in machine-learning concepts plus hands-on experience …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Minimal Perl: For UNIX and Linux People
A guide to a carefully designed subset of the Perl language, this book makes Perl more …