Logging in to the application
The first user story of this chapter is about securing the application using a login screen and token-based authentication using JWT. We will implement the following flow:
- The user accesses the customer banking portal via the browser.
- The portal application looks for the authentication token to check whether the user is already authenticated or not.
- The portal application displays the login screen to prompt the user for their username and password.
- The user enters his/her username and password.
- The portal application submits the username and password to the server.
- The server validates the username and password and returns a token.
- The portal application stores the token returned by the server.
- The portal application makes ...