When it comes to cloud migration, many enterprises focus on technological concerns—the transfer of applications, platforms, and infrastructure. But a move to the cloud involves more than technology. This ebook explores practical ways to transform your company’s organizational and operating model in preparation for your cloud migration. Author Mark Preston demonstrates techniques for driving a successful companywide transformation, based on his experiences guiding several organizations through the process.
You’ll follow each step your company must take to transition to a cloud organizational and operating model. That includes changes to the business, commercial, and service governance aspects of your company, as well as the organizational, process, and performance parts of your business. This ebook also includes case studies that highlight some of the challenges companies have faced during their cloud transformations.
- Stay on track by using transformation horizons to pinpoint your place on the journey
- Identify and prioritize objectives to break your cloud journey into clear and manageable stages
- Devise a clear plan to handle the broad scope and complexity of your cloud journey
- Initiate your plan by aligning both strategy and sponsorship to your cloud and operating model transformation
- Take small and measured steps to focus on one transformation horizon at a time
- Maintain sight of long-term goals by periodically assessing your strategic objectives
Table of Contents
- 1. Establish Your Starting Point
- 2. Create Your Target Strategy
- 3. Plan What You Need to Achieve Your Goals
- 4. Put the Plan into Action
- 5. Take Small and Measured Iterative Steps
- 6. Don’t Lose Sight of Your Long-Term Goals
- 7. Conclusion
- Title: Laying the Groundwork for Cloud
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492036029