51. Break Signage into Sections
Designing signs is a specific design challenge that requires logic, organization, and consistency. A grid system for the graphics applied to a sign system—especially designs that wrap around kiosks—can accommodate
• levels of information that are searched in sequence—choice 1, choice 2, and so on
• secondary choices that are still important, such as which language to read
• tertiary information that answers basic questions and needs, such as gate information at an airport, restroom designations, and where to get something to eat
• a host of complex options that arise in the course ...