Optimizing Your Workplace for Team Results
hen optimizing the workplace—P3, place, in the context of the World Class Excellence Model (see figure 4-1)—there are areas and activities that your external customers should never see:
- areas unsafe or dangerous to them
- areas that do not pertain to the customer experience
- certain operational activities meant to be carried out away from their presence
- discussions that should not be held in front of the customers
- areas that permit employees time away from the customers to "let their hair down"
- employees on a break.
Imagine the impact at Walt Disney World if you were a guest and approached ...