Your one-stop shop for world-class results
The most admired organizations in the world have the same basic resources that you have—offices, computers, pencils, pens, phones, Internet, people. The primary difference is the way they use those resources. How do successful organizations consistently succeed? We witness their extraordinary results, but the secrets often remain hidden.
In Lead With Your Customer, authors Mark David Jones and J. Jeff Kober offer the key success tools all world-class organizations have in common and explain how your organization can adopt them. To understand their customer-first approach, they offer the World Class Excellence Model—the result of decades of success as leaders at the Walt Disney Company and years of experience and research working with over two dozen Fortune 500 companies. The authors explain how “world class” status can be attained by many organizations, and isn’t the domain of only the most expensive, luxurious, or popular brands.
Jones and Kober guide you by detailing benchmark practices and illustrating how they are followed by all best-in-class organizations by viewing each person inside and around the organization as your “customer”—internally, as you engage your employees and build your organization’s culture, and externally, as you engage your customers and build your brand. For this second edition, the authors present updated examples from organizations including IKEA, Harley-Davidson, Southwest Airlines, Ritz-Carlton, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and, of course, Walt Disney.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Part I: Establishing the Foundation for Excellence
Part II: Leading the Culture
- 5. Why Should Employees Work for You?
- 6. The Keystone of Organizational Excellence: Employee Engagement
- 7. Optimizing Your Workplace Physically and Virtually
- 8. Making It Easier for Employees to Do Business With You
- 9. Providing Compensation and Benefits That Matter to Employees
- 10. The Tangible and Intangible Costs Employees Pay
- Part III: Leading the Brand
- Part IV: Ensuring Alignment and Integrity
- About the Authors
- About World Class Benchmarking
- Title: Lead With Your Customer, 2nd Edition:Transform Culture and Brand into World-Class Excellence
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781947308848
You might also like
The Customer Experience Book
Customer Experience (CE) is becoming seen as a key component of business strategy, yet knowing the …
Think Like Amazon: 50 1/2 Ideas to Become a Digital Leader
The former Amazon executive who launched and scaled Amazon Marketplace delivers the ultimate playbook on how …
Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, 3rd Edition
Boost profits, margins, and customer loyalty with more effective CRM strategy Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, …
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …