Employee Emergency Response Procedures
These procedures are excerpted from the University of California at Santa Barbara Department of Emergency Operations procedures.
- Get to an open area away from trees, buildings, and power lines.
In a Vehicle
- Pull to the side of the road away from underpasses, bridges, and buildings.
- Remain in the vehicle until the shaking stops.
- Do not leave the vehicle if a power line has fallen on or near it.
- Stay away from windows, and get under a desk or a table.
- Duck, cover, and hold.
- In a hallway, sit against the wall and protect your head with your arms.
- In an auditorium, duck between the rows of seats and protect your head.
- Wait inside until the shaking stops, then evacuate the ...