Improve yourself - and your workplace - with GRIT
Leading With GRIT is a practical and proven guide for transforming the workplace, offering pragmatic insight on value-based strategies that improve the individual and the business. Based on the author's proprietary principles of GRIT - Generosity, Respect, Integrity, and Truth - this book describes how working toward individual improvement produces better organizational results than traditional approaches that focus on collective improvement. Readers are introduced to GRIT with a framework that can be applied in any workplace scenario, and are provided with strategies for applying GRIT to communication and intra-office operations. Each chapter includes activities that assist with implementation, moving beyond the theoretical framework commonly taught in business school to provide a more practical approach to personal development.
The principles of GRIT are exactly the sort of instruction leaders are encouraging, and companies worldwide are willing to invest large sums. The approach stands out for its unique, personal approach that melds values-based principles with business concepts to produce spectacular results. This book is the complete guide to GRIT, with an emphasis on practicality.
Learn why the principles of GRIT have proven so effective
Apply GRIT in communications for better productivity
Discover how each person impacts those around them
Cultivate a positive, constructive attitude for less stress and more growth
GRIT helps readers make themselves and their workplaces happier and healthier, decreasing stress, sparking personal growth, retaining employees, and developing mindful leaders. In essence, Leading With GRIT is a handbook for improving the bottom line by improving the lives and outlook of those who contribute to it.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- With Gratitude
- Chapter 1: Freedom to Choose
- Part I: GRIT®—The Foundation—The Foundation
- Chapter 2: Truth—The Core
- Chapter 3: Integrity—Aligning to Your Truth
- Chapter 4: Respect—It's a Two-Way Street
- Chapter 5: Generosity—The More You Give, the More You Get
- Chapter 6: The Key to Efficient Change
- Part II: Communicating with GRIT®
- Chapter 7: Can You Hear Me Now?
Chapter 8: What Message Are You Sending?
- Speak Their DiSC® Language
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words
- Choose Your Words Wisely
- What's Missing with E-messages
- Communicate with Confidence
- Inspire with Your Message
- Is Sarcasm Your Scapegoat
- The Illusion of Fear
- Respect People's Time
- Safe Communication–Use a Filter
- Structure Your Message
- Public Speaking: It's Not about You
- Share Your Message with the World
- What SHIFT Will You Make?
- Chapter 9: Just Say It!
- Part III: Your Impact
- Chapter 10: The Ripple Effect
- Chapter 11: Keeping on Track
- Chapter 12: Enjoy the Journey
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Leading with GRIT: Inspiring Action and Accountability with Generosity, Respect, Integrity, and Truth
- Release date: March 2015
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118975220
You might also like
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
Achieve "Massive Action" results and accomplish your business dreams! While most people operate with only three …
Programming C# 8.0
C# is undeniably one of the most versatile programming languages available to engineers today. With this …
Kubernetes: Up and Running, 2nd Edition
Kubernetes radically changes the way applications are built and deployed in the cloud. Since its introduction …
The 7 Principles of Conflict Resolution
is the go-to resource for conflict and dispute resolution, whether you’re new to the subject or …