How can startups successfully scale customer acquisition and revenue growth with a Lean team? Out-of-the-box acquisition solutions from Facebook, Google, and others provide a good start, but the companies that can tailor those solutions to meet their specific needs, objectives, and goals will come out winners. But that hasn’t been an easy task—until now.
With this practical book, author Lomit Patel shows you how to use AI and automation to provide an operational layer atop those acquisition solutions to deliver amazing results for your company. You’ll learn how to adapt, customize, and personalize cross-channel user journeys to help your company attract and retain customers—to usher in the new age of Autonomous Marketing.
- Learn how AI and automation can support the customer acquisition efforts of a Lean Startup
- Dive into Customer Acquisition 3.0, an initiative for gaining and retaining customers
- Explore ways to use AI for marketing purposes
- Understand the key metrics for determining the growth of your startup
- Determine the right strategy to foster user acquisition in your company
- Manage the increased complexity and risk inherent in AI projects
Table of Contents
- I. AI + Growth Marketing = Smart Marketing
- 1. Introduction to Growth Marketing
2. Why Lean AI?
- What Is Artificial Intelligence?
- What Is Machine Learning?
- What Is the Lean Startup?
- Three Key Drivers of Artificial Intelligence
- Industry Trends for AI Marketing
- AI + Growth Marketing = Smart Marketing
- II. Customer Acquisition 3.0
- 3. What Is Customer Acquisition 3.0?
4. Manual Versus Automation
- Intelligent Machine Thinking in the World of Digital Marketing
- Table Stakes: Customer Life Cycle Management
- IMVU’s Strategy for Automating on the Growth Team
- Building a Business Case for Automation
5. Framework of an “Intelligent Machine”
- Breaking Down Machine Learning for Marketing Purposes
- Major Types of Supervised Learning Algorithms
- Major Type of Unsupervised Learning Algorithms
- Learning Algorithms That Can Be Supervised or Unsupervised
- The Importance of Data
- Audience Selection
- Message Placement
- Exploration and Optimization
- Applying Machine Learning and AI to the Customer Journey for IMVU
- Bringing It All Together
- 6. Build Versus Buy
- III. What Metrics Matter to You?
- 7. Key Metrics for Startup Growth
- 8. Creative Performance
9. Cross-Channel Attribution
- What Is Marketing Attribution?
- Marketing Attribution Models
- Choosing the Right Attribution Model for Your Startup
- Marketing Attribution Tools
- Benefits of Marketing Attribution
- People-Based Attribution Is the Future
- IV. Selecting the Right Approach to User Acquisition
- 10. Different User Acquisition Strategies
11. The Growth Stack
- How Does It Work?
Analytics and Insights
- Event Tracking
- Campaign Measurement
- App Store Analytics and Intelligence
- User Segmentation
- Cohort Analysis
- Content Analytics
- Sentiment Tracking
- User Testing
- A/B Testing Measurement
- Screen Flows
- Conversion Funnels
- Billing and Revenue Reporting
- Growth Modeling
- LTV Modeling
- Growth Accounting
- App Performance Analysis (CPU, Battery, Network, Crashes)
- Engagement and Retention
- Activities That Cut Across the Stack
- Messenger Platforms
- Applying the Stack in an AI World
- V. Managing Increased Complexity and Risk
- 12. How to Manage Complexity
- 13. How to Reduce Risk
- 14. Human Versus Machine
- VI. The Next Frontier
15. Planning for Success
- Success Goals and Measurements
- AI and Humans Working Together
- Data Is at the Core of Everything
- Data Privacy and Integrity
- 16. Ongoing Challenges
- 17. How to Win Together with AI
- Title: Lean AI
- Release date: March 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492059318