5S: A Lean methodology to create a productive and safe workplace. It consists of
• Sort: Keep only really necessary things.
• Set in order: Arrange and store everything to be easy to locate, access, and return to its storage place.
• Shine: Keep the entire work area clean and ready for production.
• Standardize: Create standard work documentation for tasks needed to keep work areas clean and orderly, with diagrams documenting where all tools and supplies are to be stored.
• Sustain: Ensure that workplaces are maintained as documented in standard work instructions through empowering operators to organize, maintain, and improve them; also include areas to be audited as a part of layered audit systems.
5 Whys: A method ...