Lean Startup and Lean UX: Aligning business, design, and technology
Dive deep into Lean Startup and Lean UX methods with this comprehensive workshop video—and learn how to remove risk from the software development process. Recorded live in Boston in February 2014, this Lean UX Workshop provides a potent, fast-paced mix of lecture, hands-on exercises, and discussion. Download these videos or stream them through our HD player, and discover how small, cross-functional agile teams design and build software by validating assumptions throughout the process.
Instructor Jeff Gothelf delivers practical takeaways that designers, product managers, and engineers can start using immediately:
- Identify assumptions about your users and their needs
- Determine your constraints, business goals, and potential paths to success
- Translate these assumptions into testable hypotheses
- Create experiments to test your hypotheses
- Learn how MVPs (minimally viable products) and experiments work together
- Put it all together in an agile rhythm
Take a journey of discovery
Interested in building a successful collaborative approach to designing and building delightful digital products and services? This fun workshop shows you how to tackle business problems by helping you work through:
- Project visioning—How does your team provide a shared vision for the project?
- Creation of a business model/lean canvas—How do you achieve outcomes by understanding your assumptions, risks, and initial tactics?
- Persona & empathy work—Who is your user and what is the real value you can provide to them?
- Story and experiment mapping—What does the full customer experience look like? How can you test whether your ideas improve that? What will you measure?
About the instructor
Jeff Gothelf is a leading voice on the topics of Agile UX & Lean UX and a highly sought-after international speaker. Currently a Principal in Neo's New York City office, Jeff has led teams at TheLadders, Publicis Modem, WebTrends, Fidelity, & AOL. He and Josh Seiden wrote Lean UX, awarded the 2013 Jolt Award from Dr. Dobb's Journal as the best book of the year.
"The Lean UX Workshop provided the missing piece for our designers to work well with our agile development teams. I'm excited about how it sets each team member on the same page before diving into implementation and ensures that we're building something our customers really want!"
--Chip Goines, Senior Software Engineer, Harvard University
- Title: Lean UX Workshop
- Release date: April 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491901724
You might also like
Agile for Everybody—The Essentials of Agile and Lean
These days, every company wants to be Agile or do Agile. But what exactly does Agile …
Learning UX Fundamentals
In this Learning UX Fundamentals training course, expert author Dani Nordin will teach you the basic …
Learning SQL, 3rd Edition
As data floods into your company, you need to put it to work right away—and SQL …
45+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …