Lean Startup and Lean UX: Aligning business, design, and technology
Dive deep into Lean Startup and Lean UX methods with this comprehensive workshop video—and learn how to remove risk from the software development process. Recorded live in Boston in February 2014, this Lean UX Workshop provides a potent, fast-paced mix of lecture, hands-on exercises, and discussion. Download these videos or stream them through our HD player, and discover how small, cross-functional agile teams design and build software by validating assumptions throughout the process.
Instructor Jeff Gothelf delivers practical takeaways that designers, product managers, and engineers can start using immediately:
- Identify assumptions about your users and their needs
- Determine your constraints, business goals, and potential paths to success
- Translate these assumptions into testable hypotheses
- Create experiments to test your hypotheses
- Learn how MVPs (minimally viable products) and experiments work together
- Put it all together in an agile rhythm
Take a journey of discovery
Interested in building a successful collaborative approach to designing and building delightful digital products and services? This fun workshop shows you how to tackle business problems by helping you work through:
- Project visioning—How does your team provide a shared vision for the project?
- Creation of a business model/lean canvas—How do you achieve outcomes by understanding your assumptions, risks, and initial tactics?
- Persona & empathy work—Who is your user and what is the real value you can provide to them?
- Story and experiment mapping—What does the full customer experience look like? How can you test whether your ideas improve that? What will you measure?
About the instructor
Jeff Gothelf is a leading voice on the topics of Agile UX & Lean UX and a highly sought-after international speaker. Currently a Principal in Neo's New York City office, Jeff has led teams at TheLadders, Publicis Modem, WebTrends, Fidelity, & AOL. He and Josh Seiden wrote Lean UX, awarded the 2013 Jolt Award from Dr. Dobb's Journal as the best book of the year.
"The Lean UX Workshop provided the missing piece for our designers to work well with our agile development teams. I'm excited about how it sets each team member on the same page before diving into implementation and ensures that we're building something our customers really want!"
--Chip Goines, Senior Software Engineer, Harvard University
Table of Contents
- Introduction 00:33:25
- Nordstrom Case Study 00:21:12
- Assumptions and Hypotheses 00:14:01
- Personas 00:36:36
- Outcomes and Features 00:12:04
- Writing Hypotheses 00:08:24
- Design Studio 00:25:24
- Experiments and MVP's 00:12:14
- Research 00:18:22
- Combining Lean and Agile 00:27:19
- Tools and Techniques 00:15:11
- Title: Lean UX Workshop
- Release date: April 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491901724