NET, known for its proven scalability, reliability, and support, is the most widely used programming language today. It can handle almost any problem related to desktop to mobile to dynamic web applications. This video course will teach you the ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) development to make you one of the most in-demand programmers.
The course starts with the installation of Visual Studio and prepares you to create a web application for learning the process of ASP.NET MVC web development. You will learn to explore the MVC folder structure, set up a database, create Entity Framework models from the database tables, and add controller and views. Moving along, you will learn to implement user authentication by adding user data points, controlling user access, and adding roles and authorizations. Finally, you will understand package management and learn to work with jQuery, jQuery UI, and Ajax.
By the end of this course, you will have become familiar with the fundamentals of ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework and have developed the skills you need to create a data-driven web application.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the Model View Controller (MVC) folder structure
- Combine models, views, and controllers to facilitate a web application
- Add data models to your project using Entity Framework
- Write queries to the database using .NET’s Entity Framework with C#
- Use Bootstrap to manipulate the website layout
- Increase interactivity and animations on the interface with jQuery
Whether you are a new or an experienced .NET developer who is looking to build data-driven websites with ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework, this course is for you. Basic knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) is necessary to get started with this course, and some exposure to the .NET development stack will be beneficial but is not mandatory.
About The Author
Trevoir Williams: Trevoir Williams is a software engineer and part-time lecturer. With a master’s degree in computer science, he has spent over a decade teaching web, software, and database development courses. He also has extensive industry experience in web application development, Azure Cloud system, and server administration.
He enjoys teaching IT and development courses and hopes to impart knowledge of the latest developments in industry standards and techniques to his students.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Setup ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) Application
- Creating the ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) Project
- Installing Visual Studio Community Edition
- Setting up a Database
- Adding Entity Framework Data Model
- Tour of Folder Structure and Adding Views
- Scaffolding: Adding Controller and Views
- Managing Database Changes
- Customizing a View - Bootstrap
- Customizing a View - Additional Data
- Adding Data Validations to Forms
- Chapter 2 : User Authentication
- Chapter 3 : Source and Package Management
- Chapter 4 : Using jQuery and Ajax
- Title: Learn ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework (Database First)
- Release date: November 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801075565
You might also like
Entity Framework Core in Action, Second Edition
Entity Framework Core in Action, Second Edition is an in-depth guide to reading and writing databases …
Entity Framework Core — A Full Tour (.NET 5 and up)
In this course, Entity Framework Core - A Full Tour, you will learn to work with …
The Complete Guide to ASP.NET Core MVC (.NET 6)
This is a beginner to an advanced-level course on .NET 6 that will take you from …
Advanced ASP.NET Core 3.1 MVC
Whether you’re looking to understand the Repository Pattern and N-Tier Architecture or get to grips with …