Learn to write great automation tests with Selenium WebDriver and Java. Start building automation testing frameworks!
About This Video
- You will Learn Automation Testing the MODERN WAY - Step By Step - With 200 HANDS-ON Code Examples
- You will acquire ALL THE SKILLS you need to demonstrate EXPERTISE with Selenium and Java in your job interviews
Writing your first automation test with Java and Selenium WebDriver is a lot of fun. Java is one of the most popular programming languages. Java offers both object-oriented and functional programming features. Selenium can be used for screen scraping and to automate repeated tasks on browsers. In this course, you will learn programming with Java and automation testing with Selenium. In no more than 350 steps, we explore the most important Java programming features and Selenium Automation Testing scenarios:
- Exporting Automation Tests and setting up new a Maven Project for JUnit and TestNG, TestNG vs Junit, TestNG Advanced Features - XML Suite, test reports, running tests with parameters defined in XML and running tests in parallel
- Set up Automation Testing Frameworks – Tables, important interfaces – WebDriver, Introduction to cross-browser automation testing, headless testing, and setting up a basic cross-browser Automation Testing framework
- Writing Data-Driven Testing with Data Providers, CSV, and Excel Spreadsheets, Implementing Page Object Model for a complex test scenario, scaling up with Selenium Standalone and Grid
- Generics - Why do we need Generics? Restrictions with extends and Generic methods, wildcards - upper bound and lower bound, introduction to exception handling - your thought processes during exception handling. try, catch, and finally. Exception hierarchy - checked exceptions vs. unchecked exceptions. Throwing an exception. Creating and throwing a custom exception - CurrenciesDoNotMatchException. Try with resources - a new feature in Java 7.
You will be using Eclipse and Brackets as an IDE. You will be using Maven, npm (Dependency Management), TestNG (XML Test Suite, parallel, and multiple browsers), JUnit, Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio, Selenium Standalone, and Selenium Grid. We will help you set up each one of these.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learn-Automation-Testing-with-Java-and-Selenium-Webdriver
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.