The Cocoa Touch frameworks and APIs are powerful tools for creating native iOS apps, and they're free with Xcode, Apple's development environment. If you've already gotten your feet wet with Objective-C, and you're ready to learn more about iOS development, then Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS is the book for you.
You'll learn on the job - building cool apps as you read through the book that will teach you what you need to know to use Cocoa Touch and prepare you for creating your own apps.
Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS shows you how to use frameworks like MapKit, Twitter, and MediaPlayer. You'll also learn about hardware APIs so you can get the most out of your accelerometer, camera, and more. You'll even learn about more advanced features like Grand Central Dispatch.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Objective-C in a Nutshell
- Chapter 3: Managing On-Screen Content with View Controllers
- Chapter 4: Saving Content in Your App
- Chapter 5: Handling User Touches
- Chapter 6: Integrating Networking and Web Services
- Chapter 7: Writing Modern Code with Blocks
- Chapter 8: Managing What Happens When
- Chapter 9: User Interface Design
- Chapter 10: Hardware APIs
- Chapter 11: Media in Your App: Playing Audio and Video
- Chapter 12: Localization and Internationalizion
- Appendix A: Running Code on an iOS Device
- Title: Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430242697