Convert your existing experience to write your own Go projects by getting up to speed on the fastest growing computer language!
About This Video
- Write your own web service in Go and publish your own library for other people to use
- Covers all of the essential features of Go in an easy-to-follow tutorial
- Each lesson builds on knowledge from previous videos to gently introduce Go and its unique features
Go is a compiled, statically typed language in the tradition of Algol and C, with garbage collection, limited structural typing, memory safety features, and CSP-style concurrent programming features added.
More and more developers are interested in learning Go. It was the language of the year on TIOBE in 2016 and is at the top of the list of languages that developers want to learn next.
This course will teach you how to program in Go, building on your existing knowledge of programming languages. It starts by introducing familiar features before moving on to the more unique features that have earned Go its reputation as the language of the cloud. You will learn how to build a completely functional application server in under two dozen lines of code. Then, you'll master structuring and organizing your code, implementing the procedural control structures of every C-inspired language, and breaking your code into separate functions.
Towards the end of the course, you'll learn how to create your own packages and import them. You'll also explore Go's approach to error handling, Object-Oriented Programming, and concurrency. By the end of the course, you'll be ready to start writing your own Go projects.
This course uses Go 1.9, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Go.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Why Go?
- Chapter 2 : Your First Go Program
- Chapter 3 : Control Structures, Functions, and Pointers
- Chapter 4 : Packages and Imports, Slices, Maps, and Structs
- Chapter 5 : Methods, Interfaces, and Errors
- Chapter 6 : Go Concurrency: Goroutines, Channels, and Select
- Title: Learn Go in 3 Hours
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788992053