In this chapter you’ll create an iOS app that does something. Not much—these are early days—but enough to call it useful. In the process, you will do the following:
- Use Xcode’s Interface Builder to design your app
- Add objects to your app
- Connect objects
- Customize your objects to provide content
- Add resource files to your project
- Use storyboards to create segues
- Control the layout of visual elements using constraints
Amazingly, you’re going to create this app without writing a single line of computer code. This is not typical, but it will demonstrate the flexibility of Xcode.
The app you’re going to create presents some interesting facts about women surrealists of the 20th century. Let’s get started.
Before firing ...