In this chapter, you will learn:
- What JavaFX is
- The history of JavaFX
- How to write your first JavaFX application
- How to use the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment to work with a JavaFX application
- How to pass parameters to a JavaFX application
- How to launch a JavaFX application
- The life cycle of a JavaFX application
- How to terminate a JavaFX Application
What Is JavaFX?
JavaFX is an open source Java-based framework for developing rich client applications. It is comparable to other frameworks on the market such as Adobe Flex and Microsoft Silverlight. JavaFX is also seen as the successor of Swing in the arena of ...