In this chapter, you will learn:
- What a scene and a scene graph are in a JavaFX application
- About different rendering modes of a scene graph
- How to set the cursor for a scene
- How to determine the focus owner in a scene
- How to use the Platform and HostServices classes
What Is a Scene?
A scene represents the visual contents of a stage. The Scene class in the javafx.scene package represents a scene in a JavaFX program. A Scene object is attached to, at the most, one stage at a time. If an already attached scene is attached to another stage, it is first detached from the previous stage. A stage can have, at the most, one scene ...