Understanding Layout Panes
In this chapter, you will learn:
- What a layout pane is
- Classes in JavaFX representing layout panes
- How to add children to layout panes
- Utility classes such as Insets, HPos, VPos, Side, Priority, etc.
- How to use a Group to layout nodes
- How to work with Regions and its properties
- How to use different types of layout panes such as HBox, VBox, FlowPane, BorderPane, StackPane, TilePane, GridPane, AnchorPane, and TextFlow
What Is a Layout Pane?
You can use two types of layouts to arrange nodes in a scene graph:
- Static layout
- Dynamic layout
In a static layout, the position and size of nodes are calculated once, and ...