In this chapter, you will learn:
- What a control is in Java
- About classes whose instances represent controls in JavaFX
- About controls such as Label, Button, CheckBox, RadioButton, Hyperlink, ChoiceBox, ComboBox, ListView, ColorPicker, DatePicker, TextField, TextArea, and Menu
- How to style controls using a CSS
- How to use the FileChooser and DirectoryChooser dialogs
What Is a Control?
JavaFX lets you create applications using GUI components. An application with a GUI performs three tasks:
- Accepts inputs from the user through input devices such as a keyboard or a mouse
- Processes the inputs (or takes actions based on ...