Chapter 16. Establishing a workflow
By this time, you should be starting to put the pieces of your Linux system together. You can now:
- Find and install software.
- Use Unity’s GUI to interact with your system.
- Use the terminal to create, move, copy, and delete files.
- Understand how your computer’s filesystem is organized and how the various files control different aspects of your system.
- Run Windows programs within your system.
In other words, you have a sense of how you like to work in Linux. You probably even have a preferred text editor! This next part is going to show you how to really make your system your own. We’re going to discuss two concepts today:
- File/application launchers— Tools to help you quickly open files and launch ...