Give me just 45 minutes a day for the next 5 days and the author will teach you exactly what you need to know about the Linux operating system. You'll learn the most important concepts and commands, and he will even guide you step-by-step through several practical and real-world examples. So, if you can spare a few minutes a day and want to learn the ins-and-outs of the Linux Operating System, join me and the other students in this course today. As an added bonus for enrolling in the Learn Linux in 5 Days video training course, you'll receive a step-by-step checklist and video that teaches you how to install WordPress on an Ubuntu Linux system. First, you'll learn what software is required for WordPress to run on a Linux system. Next, you'll be given the exact commands to type that install all the required software and WordPress. You'll learn how to install a web server, how to install a database server, how to create database users, and how to configure WordPress. Before you know it, you'll have a fully functioning blog on your hands. This is a great way to put your new-found Linux skills to good use.
What You Will Learn
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don t already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers.
- What SSH is and how to use it.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you ll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
- How to customize your shell prompt.
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
People with limited time. Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux. People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command line interface.
Existing Linux users that want to become power users. People that need Linux knowledge for a personal or business project like hosting a website on a Linux server. Professionals that need to learn Linux to become more effective at work. Helpdesk staff, application support engineers, and application developers that are required to use the Linux operating system. People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first. Researchers, college professors, and college students that will be using Linux servers to conduct research or complete coursework.
About The Author
Jason Cannon: Jason Cannon is a professional system administrator, consultant, and author. He started his career as a Unix and Linux System engineer in 1999. Since that time, he has utilized his Linux skills at companies such as Xerox, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.com. Additionally, he has acted as a technical consultant and independent contractor for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
Jason has professional experience with CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu. He has used several Linux distributions on personal projects including Debian, Slackware, CrunchBang, and others. In addition to Linux, Jason has experience supporting proprietary Unix operating systems including AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris. He enjoys teaching others how to use and exploit the power of the Linux operating system.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Overview
- Chapter 2 : Day 1
- Chapter 3 : Day 2
- Chapter 4 : Day 3
- Chapter 5 : Day 4
- Chapter 6 : Day 5
- Chapter 7 : Addendum - Connecting to a Linux Virtual Machine over the Network
- Chapter 8 : Bonus
- Title: Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789802610
You might also like
Practical Splunk for Beginners
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Description Hands-on approach to learning the Splunk platform to search, report, …
SSL Complete Guide 2021: HTTP to HTTPS
This course is all about securing websites with SSL/TLS certificates. We start by exploring the basics …
Complete Python Course with 10 Real-World Projects
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language with object-oriented and structured programming fully supported, and many features …
DevOps Complete Course
Learn about the DevOps tools involved at each stage of the DevOps lifecycle, right from continuous …