The world's #1 guide to retail success, complete with crucial, up-to-date insights--including new case studies, ideas, strategies, and tactics from today's best retailers, like TopShop, IKEA, and Best Buy. Smart Retailincorporates several valuable chapters, including:
Opportunities to learn from past retail pioneers: simple yet effective strategies your competitors have forgotten.
How to use data to drive profit and growth.
How to do more with less, and maximize the value each team member brings to the table.
How to use new technology to develop highly productive, innovative "Remote Teams".
Covering everything from creating the ultimate retail experience to understanding the customer and the importance of motivated workers, this is the book that will equip managers, team-workers, retail entrepreneurs and indeed anybody who sells direct to customers, with practical winning ideas and strategies.
Retail marketing is undergoing cataclysmic change, driven by upheavals in media, consumer attitudes, and the retail industry itself. Retailers know they must invest more heavily in marketing, both to build brands and to drive sales. But how? In Shopper Intimacy, two leading experts offer the first comprehensive, research-based guide to building winning retail marketing programs. Drawing on a decade of customer research, the authors introduce:
A start-to-finish system for planning and executing effective campaigns. ¿
Powerful new tools for influencing shopper behavior and driving better results.
Practical, workable techniques for measuring performance – including a breakthrough approach for measuring ROI from the standpoint of all stakeholders. ¿
Best practices models for integrating internal and syndicated research.
Trend analysis to help retailers chart the future trajectory of marketing, and position themselves appropriately.
Shopper Intimacy contains extensive case studies, charts, pictures, and illustrations designed to deepen marketers’ understanding. Above all, it presents practical learnings that cut across all retail segments, with data to support the authors’ conclusions, and techniques for successfully applying them.
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Smart Retail: Winning Ideas and Strategies from the Most Successful Retailers in the World
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Photo Acknowledgments
- Introduction to this Edition
- Preface—Why retailing?
Part One—You: Starting at the beginning.
- Chapter One. What do you want for yourself?
- Chapter Two. Rising above the crowd
- Chapter Three. Keeping it simple
- Chapter Four. Rolling those snowballs
Part Two—Team: Make us happy and we will make you money.
- Chapter Five. What’s the Big Idea?
- Chapter Six. How to build great teams
- Chapter Seven. How to get people out of bed
- Chapter Eight. All we need is a little better every time
Part Three—Customer: Make me happy and I will give you my money.
- Chapter Nine. We love shopping here!
- Chapter Ten. Price and value
- Chapter Eleven. Promote or die
- Chapter Twelve. Marketing for real people
Part Four—Store: Make it brilliant and they will spend.
- The Fundamentals
- Chapter Thirteen. Discovery!
- Chapter Fourteen. The great big theater of shop
- Chapter Fifteen. Detail, detail, detail—the store environment
- Chapter Sixteen. And finally ... how we got here
- Epilogue—And we’re done?
- Appendix I. Your job and Smart Retail
- Appendix II. Take-action time
- Appendix III. Street time
- Appendix IV. Books for retailers
Shopper Intimacy: A Practical Guide to Leveraging Marketing Intelligence to Drive Retail Success
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Praise for Shopper Intimacy
- About the Authors
- 1. REAP (Retail Ecosystem Analytics Process)
- 2. Measuring Marketing at Retail in Supermarkets
3. Measuring Marketing at Retail in Convenience Stores
- Learning One: Retail Marketing Execution Techniques Concentrated
- Learning Two: Marketing Messages Concentrated
- Learning Three: Huge Premium for Excellence
- Learning Four: Brand Size Drives Outpost Display Activity
- Learning Five: Category Response Varies Widely by Message Location
- Learning Six: Borrowed Interest Has a Disproportionate Impact on Smaller Brands
- Learning Seven: Strong Brand Expression Significantly Outperforms Generic Treatment
- Learning Eight: Store Is Not Overloaded with Retail Marketing Material
- Learning Nine: Effectiveness Ratio Predicts Sales Success
- Learning Ten: Retailer Analysis Yields Success Implementation Model
4. Measuring Marketing at Retail in Drug Stores
- Learning One: Many Key Results Consistent with Other Studies
- Learning Two: Retail Marketing Effectiveness Higher in Chain Drug Stores
- Learning Three: Message Matters
- Learning Four: Promotion/Advertising Consistently Enhances Impact
- Learning Five: Brand-Focused Messages More Effective
- Learning Six: Price Savings Drive Impulse Results
- Learning Seven: Value Message Drives Private Label
- Learning Eight: Shopper Actions Differ from Words
- Learning Nine: RFID Tracking Delivers Reliable, Real-Time Data
- Learning Ten: Retail Audience and CPM Very Attractive
- 5. Establishing In-Store Marketing Measures
- 6. Capturing Shopping Dynamics in Store
- 7. Shopper Models
- 8. Decision Drivers
- 9. Online Retailing
- 10. Measuring Return on Investment
- Title: Learn Popular Retail Strategies (Collection)
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780133742510