Use R programming to create data structures and perform extensive statistical data analysis and synthesis
About This Video
- Tackle programming problems and explore both functional and object-oriented programming techniques
- Develop strategies to speed up your R code and become an expert in R programming in a practical manner
- Address the core problems of programming in R with the most popular R packages for common tasks
R is a high-level statistical language and is widely used among statisticians and data miners to develop statistical applications. This solution-based video will be your guide, taking you through different programming aspects with R.
Beginning with the basics of R programming, this video provides step-by-step resources and time-saving methods to help you solve programming problems efficiently. Starting with the installation of R, each recipe addresses a specific problem with a discussion that explains the solution and offers insight into how it works.
You will learn to work with powerful R tools and techniques. You’ll be able to boost your productivity with the most popular R packages and tackle data structures such as matrices, lists, and factors. You’ll see how to create vectors, handle variables, and perform other core functions. You’ll be able to tackle issues with data input/output and will learn to work with strings and dates.
Moving forward, we’ll look into more advanced concepts such as metaprogramming with R and functional programming. Finally, you’ll learn to tackle issues while working with databases and data manipulation.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Set Up
- Chapter 2 : Diving into Variables and Functions
Chapter 3 : Working with Base R Data Structures
- Exploring Vectors in Depth and Understanding Data Types 00:10:02
- Working with Matrices and Arrays 00:07:17
- Discovering Lists 00:07:58
- Discovering Data Frames 00:05:35
- Exploring Factors 00:03:30
- Chapter 4 : Working with Data
- Title: Learn R programming
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788291033