Use the full power of Rust to make fast, maintainable systems level programs in one week
About This Video
- Learn to write libraries and programs, that take advantage of rusts Traits to give them great flexibility
- Build a Rust application called MiniBank that allows users to view their accounts and make payments to each other
- Increase your confidence in understanding lifetimes and the borrow checker
The Rust programming language makes it possible to build fast reliable code, prevents segfaults, and guarantees memory safety, even while working across concurrent processes.
The course is split into seven parts, which give you a complete overview of why Rust is a great programming language. In the first couple of days, you’ll learn to install Rust on your system, discover its syntax, and see a library that utilizes the feature of trait-based generics and code reusability.
On days 3 and 4, you’ll understand how Rust Lifetimes work by doing extensive compiler checking and learn to make your programs more interactive by accessing all the bits of the Rust environment. On day 5, you’ll learn about multithreading without data races with safe concurrency. Day 6, you’ll create a database, using your code to read and update while securing it with Bcrypt from various breaches such as SQL injection attacks.
By the end of the course, you’ll have built a mini-bank application that tracks users’ financial transactions over time, allowing them to view their history over time.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Learn-Rust-in-7-Days
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Basic Tools and Syntax
Chapter 2 : Traits
- Introduction to Traits 00:03:55
- Using Other People’s Libraries 00:05:44
- Defining Our Own Traits 00:08:55
- Accepting Generic Parameters 00:08:25
- Generic Structs 00:08:10
- Generic Iterators 00:08:48
- Useful traits 00:06:34
- Error Handling with the from Trait 00:10:37
- Documenting and Publishing Your Library 00:08:03
- Assignment 00:10:40
- Chapter 3 : Lifetimes
- Chapter 4 : The Program Environment
- Chapter 5 : Threads and Channels
- Chapter 6 : Databases
- Chapter 7 : Building Our Database into an Online Banks
- Title: Learn Rust in 7 Days
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805499