Use the full power of Rust to make fast, maintainable systems level programs in one week
About This Video
- Learn to write libraries and programs, that take advantage of rusts Traits to give them great flexibility
- Build a Rust application called MiniBank that allows users to view their accounts and make payments to each other
- Increase your confidence in understanding lifetimes and the borrow checker
The Rust programming language makes it possible to build fast reliable code, prevents segfaults, and guarantees memory safety, even while working across concurrent processes.
The course is split into seven parts, which give you a complete overview of why Rust is a great programming language. In the first couple of days, you’ll learn to install Rust on your system, discover its syntax, and see a library that utilizes the feature of trait-based generics and code reusability.
On days 3 and 4, you’ll understand how Rust Lifetimes work by doing extensive compiler checking and learn to make your programs more interactive by accessing all the bits of the Rust environment. On day 5, you’ll learn about multithreading without data races with safe concurrency. Day 6, you’ll create a database, using your code to read and update while securing it with Bcrypt from various breaches such as SQL injection attacks.
By the end of the course, you’ll have built a mini-bank application that tracks users’ financial transactions over time, allowing them to view their history over time.
The video is for developers who have basic knowledge of programming. The video will also appeal to developers who are using C/C++ language to write their applications. No knowledge of the Rust language expected.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Basic Tools and Syntax
- Chapter 2 : Traits
- Chapter 3 : Lifetimes
- Chapter 4 : The Program Environment
- Chapter 5 : Threads and Channels
- Chapter 6 : Databases
- Chapter 7 : Building Our Database into an Online Banks
- Title: Learn Rust in 7 Days
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805499
You might also like
Rust Programming Masterclass from Beginner to Expert
Welcome to our Rust programming language course! In the world of programming languages, there are often …
End to End Mobile Security
The more that we become connected the more we need to be conscious of mobile security. …
Introduction to Cybersecurity
Cybercrime is on the rise, with a total of 1.2 billion dollars lost to phishing attacks …
Your mouse is slowing you down. The time you spend context switching between your editor and …