Are you ready to start a business?
Key areas we will cover on day 1:
• defining 'small business'
• setting goals for a business
• managing a work-life balance
• choosing a business idea
• undertaking market research
• understanding the competition and business environment
• avoiding the pitfalls of starting a business.
What is a small business?
How do you define a small business? Interestingly, there seems to be no universal definition. Various government authorities have suggested definitions that centre around ownership, turnover and assets. I think it comes down to simply the number of people employed within the business. Yes — just this one, simple measurement. I think one to four people represents a microbusiness, and five to ...