- The tree types files we can use with SOLIDWORKS are part files, assembly files, and drawing files.
- The difference is in the content of files. A part file generally contains a model of a single part. An assembly file can link different parts together in one file. A drawing file has commands to generate 2D engineering drawing out of a part file or an assembly file.
- The canvas contains a visual presentation of the 3D model we are creating.
- The design tree shows all of the commands that were used to create the model shown in the canvas. It also lists the default planes and other information related to the model we are creating.
- The International System of Units (SI): This is also commonly known as the ...
Get Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020 now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.