So now you’re well equipped to succeed in arguing. Let’s finish with a recap of our Ten Golden Rules.
1. Be prepared. Make sure you know the essential points you want to make. Research the facts you need to convince your opponent.
2. When to argue, when to walk away. Think carefully before you start to argue: is this the time; is this the place?
3. What you say and how you say it. Spend time thinking about how to present your argument. Body language, choice of words and manner of speaking all affect how your argument will come across.
4. Listen and listen again. Listen carefully to what the other person is saying. Watch their body language, listen for the meaning behind their words.
5. Excel at responding to arguments. Think ...