Move from zero knowledge of programming to comfortably writing small to medium-sized programs in Python. Fully updated for Python 3, with code and examples throughout, the book explains Python coding with an accessible, step-by-step approach designed to bring you comfortably into the world of software development.
Real–world analogies make the material understandable, with a wide variety of well-documented examples to illustrate each concept. Along the way, you’ll develop short programs through a series of coding challenges that reinforce the content of the chapters.
Learn to Program with Python 3 guides you with material developed in the author's university computer science courses. The author's conversational style feels like you're working with a personal tutor. All material is thoughtfully laid out, each lesson building on previous ones.
- Understand programming basics with Python, based on material developed in the author's college courses
- Learn core concepts: variables, functions, conditionals, loops, lists, strings, and more
- Explore example programs including simple games you can program and customize
- Build modules to reuse your own code
Table of contents
- Title: Learn to Program with Python 3: A Step-by-Step Guide to Programming
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484238790
You might also like
Impractical Python Projects
Impractical Python Projects picks up where the complete beginner books leave off, expanding on existing concepts …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …
Intro to Python for Computer Science and Data Science: Learning to Program with AI, Big Data and The Cloud
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.