Chapter 6: Leveraging Data and Services
Managing live data is a core part of what applications do. Learning how to load and save that data is an important aspect of WinUI development. Some of the key points of data management are using concepts such as state management, the service locator pattern, and data validation. We will be covering these concepts and putting them to use in our application.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the WinUI application life cycle
- Learning to use SQLite to store application data
- Learning to use Dapper to quickly map objects in your data service
- Exploring the service locator pattern further and working with our data service
- Implementing data validation to provide useful feedback ...