Creating a Java controller
Now it's time to do some Java coding. Before we start the actual coding, it's always a good idea to quickly identify the logic that has to be taken care of by the code we are going to write. This exercise really does help a lot.
Controller logic at a high level
In order to develop a controller for this scenario, let's take a look at the implementation logic that we will include in the Java-backed controller at a high level:
- A controller will expect
nodeidas an input parameter
- Check whether the given node is present in the repository
- Check whether the user has at least read permissions on the given node
- Get the filesystem location for the given node
- Get the size on the filesystem for the given node
- Prepare the model object and ...